Are you looking for unique, meaningful items to give this holiday season? Several Homes For Our Troops Veterans make handmade items that are perfect for gifts. The freedom and independence of their specially adapted custom homes give HFOT Veterans the ideal environment to work on their craft.
Here is a list of small businesses owned and operated by HFOT Veterans:
- Marine Corporal Jonathan Schumacher and his wife, Courtney own a company called Rowdy Roughneck Ranch where they create goat milk soap from their own goats and also offer locally harvested beeswax for skincare and candles. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RowdyRoughneckRanch/
- Army SGT Eric Edmundson’s wife, Stephanie hand makes knitted items in New Bern, NC. She has hats and scarves available for purchase and can create customized items on request. Visit her Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Edmundsoncreation
- Army SSG Sam Shockley co-owns a coffee company with another Veteran in Eatonville, WA. A percentage of the proceeds goes to Outdoors For Our Heroes, a nonprofit that takes Veterans on hunting trips. Check out their website: https://www.ogcoffee.net/.
- Army SGT Robert Barber owns and operates POG Coffee Roasters in Chapin, SC. Visit their website at https://pogcoffeeroasters.com/.
- Marine SSgt Omar Milan makes and sells items such as large wooden American flags and crosses in Mansfield, TX. Check out his Facebook page, The Box Fin Woodshop: https://www.facebook.com/theboxfinwoodshop.
- Marine Sgt Matt Amos started up his own beard oil company called Admiral’s Pennant in Mount Hope, KS. Visit his website at http://admiralspennant.com/.
- Army SGT Peter Damon owns and operates True Grit Art Gallery in Middleborough, MA. Visit the website at https://www.truegritartgallery.com/.
- Army PFC Heather Cramer Trujillo created a business, Jacks Beer Soap in Cartersville, GA, that offers natural soap products for sensitive skin. Visit her Etsy page at www.etsy.com/shop/JacksBeerSoap.
- Future home recipient Army Sergeant Jordan Folmar and his wife, Amanda own a custom decorate cookie company outside of Austin, TX called Red Apron Confections: https://www.facebook.com/redapronconfections/.
- Future home recipient Army Corporal Duane McGhghy and his wife, Courtney own a mobile plant & merchandise boutique in Belton, TX. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heydarlinplants/.