Rebuilding Lives is the most important aspect of HFOT’s mission. We stay in contact with our Veterans after home delivery, provide a pro-bono financial planner for three years, and assist in homeownership education, household budgeting, and planning to ensure our Veterans are set up for long-term success.
The mortgage-free custom homes we provide enable Veterans and their families the freedom and independence to embark on new careers, pursue education, and start or expand families. Many choose the path of entrepreneurship, using their passion and talent to launch their own companies.
Here is a list of small businesses owned and operated by HFOT Veterans. We encourage you to support the men and women who have sacrificed for our freedom.
- Marine Sgt Matt Amos is the owner/CEO of Admiral’s Pennant, a beard oil company located in Mount Hope, Kansas. Visit his website at http://admiralspennant.com/.
- Master Sergeant Chris Blauvelt’s wife, Bernadette is the owner of B Creative Painting Studio in Wesley Chapel, Florida. Visit her website at https://www.bcreativepaintingstudio.com/.
- Army SGT Robert Barber owns and operates POG Coffee Roasters in Chapin, SC. Visit their website at https://pogcoffeeroasters.com/.
- Army SGT Peter Damon owns and operates True Grit Art Gallery in Middleborough, MA. Visit the website at https://www.truegritartgallery.com/.
- Future home recipient Army Sergeant Jordan Folmar and his wife, Amanda, own Red Apron Confections, a dessert company specializing in custom-decorated cookies. Learn more at: https://www.facebook.com/redapronconfections/.
- Marine Lance Corporal Kade Hinkhouse and his wife, Becky, own The Prairie Chics, a company offering shabby, farm-related antiques and home décor. Visit them on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PrairieChicsCollection/.
- Army SSG Alex Jauregui owns Fury Bees, a family beekeeping business in California. Alex has grown his business from 75 hives to over 1300.
- Marine PFC Josh Kelly owns and operates PegLeg Outdoors, a company offering guided fly fishing and hunting trips in Colorado. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/750613088282354/user/100036847045782/.
- Future home recipient Army Corporal Duane McGhghy and his wife, Cortney, own Hey Darlin Plants, a mobile plant & merchandise boutique in Belton, TX. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heydarlinplants/.
- Marine SSgt Omar Milan owns and operates Box Fin Woodshop, a company located in Mansfield, TX, offering homemade woodworking items such as American flags and crosses in Mansfield, TX. Visit the shop at https://www.facebook.com/theboxfinwoodshop.
- Marine SSGT Johnny Morris owns UnderToed Fishing Charters, a company offering inshore and near shore fishing charters. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080140136059.
- Army Specialist Andrew Pike and his wife, Becca, own Bootleg Inc., offering upgraded products for America’s #1 defense tool. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bootlegbuilderinc/
- Marine Corporal Jonathan Schumacher and his wife, Courtney, own Rowdy Roughneck Ranch, which offers locally harvested skincare products and candles. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RowdyRoughneckRanch/
- Army SSG Sam Shockley co-owns Our Glory (OG) Coffee, a Veteran-run coffee company based in Washington. A percentage of the proceeds are donated to Outdoors For Our Heroes, a nonprofit organization that connects Veterans with nature through hunting. Check out their website: https://www.ogcoffee.net/.
- Army PFC Heather Cramer Trujillo created a business, Jacks Beer Soap in Cartersville, GA, that offers natural soap products for sensitive skin. Visit her Etsy page at www.etsy.com/shop/JacksBeerSoap.