Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) builds specially adapted custom homes for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans so they may live in a safe and barrier-free environment. Most of the Veterans HFOT serves have sustained injuries including multiple limb amputations, partial or full paralysis, and/or severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). These fully accessible homes restore some of the freedom and independence our Veterans sacrificed while defending our country, and enable them to focus on their family, recovery, and rebuilding their lives.

Homes For Our Troops donates newly constructed, specially adapted custom homes designed for maximum freedom of movement and the ability to live more independently for the Veterans we serve.

I am a Veteran (or Spouse/ Caregiver)
with Specially Adapted Housing eligibility
and need a specially adapted home.

Request Assistance

I am a Veteran who has not yet received
a Specially Adapted Housing eligibility letter.

VA SAH Grant Info

I am a Veteran in need of help.

Resources for Veterans

I would like to support HFOT.
How can I help?

Ways to Support our Mission

Basic Qualifying Criteria

  1. Injured in the theater of Iraq-Afghanistan war, post 9/11/01.
  2. Retired or in the process of retiring from military service.
  3. Received letter of eligibility for the VA Specially Adapted Housing  (SAH) Grant program
  4. The HFOT home must be your primary residence. You will accept the responsibility of home ownership and have the resources to maintain a home. (Ongoing maintenance and upkeep, property taxes, home insurance, utilities, etc.)

SAH Requirements


Homes For Our Troops requires that applicants be eligible and approved for the VA Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant prior to the release of an HFOT application. If you do not have SAH grant eligibility, but feel you meet the SAH grant requirements listed on the VA website, please submit form 26-4555 to your VA Regional Loan Center or through your VA eBenefits account. To find the VA Regional Loan Center that covers your state, please visit VA Website.

Once the VA renders their decision on your eligibility, please submit an online inquiry and upload a copy of your SAH grant rating narrative at  

If you have already been determined to be eligible for the SAH grant, please contact the VA at 1-800-827-1000 or 1-844-698-2311 to request a copy of your SAH grant rating narrative.  Once you have your SAH grant rating narrative in hand please redact your social security number, complete an online inquiry and upload a copy of your SAH grant rating narrative at

If you are unable to upload a copy of your SAH rating narrative please email, mail or fax a copy within 24 hours to the contact information below.

We will contact you within 7 business days to discuss the HFOT Program with you and provide an official application for assistance if you are eligible. If you have questions about HFOT’s Program, please email them to [email protected].

Additional Veteran Resources:


Veterans Crisis Line

Disabled American Veterans

Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)

Blinded Veterans Association

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America

American Legion

Veterans of Foreign Wars

National Alliance to End Homelessness

National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

Department of Veterans Affairs


National Association of County Veterans Service Officers

Code of Support Foundation


National Resource Directory

Military One Source

National Military Families Association

Caregiver Support

Elizabeth Dole Foundation

The National Domestic Violence Hotline Survivor Outreach Services Disabled Veterans Benefits

Disabled Veterans Benefits by State