Homes For Our Troops
Fundraising and Donor Privacy Policies & Procedures
Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions made to HFOT are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law and will be used to further the organization’s mission. Donors may designate contributions to specific projects, however Homes For Our Troops reserves the right to reallocate designated gifts if a project is overfunded.
In accordance with IRS regulations, acknowledgement letters will be issued to donors for all donations received unless otherwise specified. If an item or service is received in exchange for a donation, the tax receipt (acknowledgement letter) will clearly state what portion of the donation is tax deductible. All in-kind gifts will be recorded and acknowledged according to development and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Personal information provided by the donor will not be shared for any reason unless the donor grants permission.
- HFOT will never sell or trade donor information.
- HFOT will always honor a donor’s request to remain anonymous.
- Donors will be contacted periodically for solicitation purposes and/or regarding upcoming events unless the donor has opted out of communications.
- HFOT will honor all donor requests to opt out of mail, email, or phone solicitations. Donors can modify their communication and solicitation preferences by contacting the Development office via email, phone or postal mail. Please contact Development at 508-823-3300 ext. 502.
To assure donors and prospective donors can have trust and confidence in donating to nonprofit organizations, the Association of Fundraising Professionals in conjunction with other philanthropic organizations has created A Donor Bill of Rights. To learn more about your rights please visit: https://afpglobal.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2018-10/DonorBillofRights.pdf
Please note that HFOT complies with this Donor Bill of Rights, with the exception of Article IX, in that we are more protective of donor information than this Bill of Rights because we do NOT share mailing lists.
Click here for information on State Nonprofit Disclosures