The week of March 1-7, 2023, is National Invest in Veterans Week! This week was established to encourage the public to patronize businesses set up by Veterans. This is a perfect time to support Homes For Our Troops Veteran recipients who own small businesses. Because of the freedom and independence of their specially adapted custom homes, HFOT Veteran home recipients can work on their crafts, paintings, coffee, and more!
Here is a list of small businesses owned and operated by HFOT Veterans:
- Marine Corporal Jonathan Schumacher and his wife, Courtney own a company called Rowdy Roughneck Ranch where they create goat milk soap from their own goats and also offer locally harvested beeswax for skincare and candles. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RowdyRoughneckRanch/
- Army SGT Eric Edmundson’s wife, Stephanie hand makes knitted items in New Bern, NC. She has hats and scarves available for purchase and can create customized items on request. Visit her Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Edmundsoncreation
- Army SSG Sam Shockley co-owns a coffee company with another Veteran in Eatonville, WA. A percentage of the proceeds goes to Outdoors For Our Heroes, a nonprofit that takes Veterans on hunting trips. Check out their website: https://www.ogcoffee.net/.
- Army SGT Robert Barber owns and operates POG Coffee Roasters in Chapin, SC. Visit their website at https://pogcoffeeroasters.com/.
- Marine SSgt Omar Milan makes and sells items such as large wooden American flags and crosses in Mansfield, TX. Check out his Facebook page, The Box Fin Woodshop: https://www.facebook.com/theboxfinwoodshop.
- Marine Sgt Matt Amos started up his own beard oil company called Admiral’s Pennant in Mount Hope, KS. Visit his website at http://admiralspennant.com/.
- Army SGT Peter Damon owns and operates True Grit Art Gallery in Middleborough, MA. Visit the website at https://www.truegritartgallery.com/.
- Army PFC Heather Trujillo created a business, Jacks Beer Soap in Cartersville, GA, that offers natural soap products for sensitive skin. Visit her Etsy page at www.etsy.com/shop/JacksBeerSoap.
- Future home recipient Army Sergeant Jordan Folmar and his wife, Amanda own a custom decorate cookie company outside of Austin, TX called Red Apron Confections: https://www.facebook.com/redapronconfections/.
- Future home recipient Army Corporal Duane McGhghy and his wife, Courtney own a mobile plant & merchandise boutique in Belton, TX. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heydarlinplants/.
- Marine Lance Corporal Kade Hinkhouse and his wife Becky own The Prairie Chics, an antique and craft company. Visit them on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PrairieChicsCollection/
- Army Specialist Andrew Pike and his wife, Becca, own Bootleg Inc., offering upgraded products for America’s #1 defense tool. Visit them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bootlegbuilderinc/