Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) builds homes where the Veteran chooses to live, and continues its relationship with the Veterans after home delivery. Each Veteran is provided with three years of pro bono financial planning and household budgeting education, to ensure they are successful homeowners for life. Additionally, HFOT offers a full warranty to guard against defects, and works with the Veteran to resolve any issues.
Homes are just over 2,800 square feet and feature over 40 major special adaptions allowing full accessibility. Our custom model four-bedroom and two-bath home affords the right size home for a Veteran to comfortably raise a family while limiting expenses for utilities.
HFOT conducts a thorough criminal and financial background check on each Veteran who applies tour program. In addition, HFOT places a 10-year lien on the home to protect the Veteran from foreclosure and to safeguard our donors’ investments. Since inception in 2004, nearly 90 cents of every dollar has gone directly to our program services for Veterans.
HFOT’s impact goes beyond providing Veterans with a physical home; the foundation we lay for each Veteran enables and empowers them to:
- Engage in civic leadership, advocate for Veterans
- Recover and rest in a safe, accessible home
- Complete education or master a trade
- Save, invest for the future
- Maintain lifelong physical and mental wellness, compete athletically
- Volunteer, inspire others through motivational speaking
- Start/grow families, focus on their role as a parent and spouse
- Launch a new career, business or nonprofit