The COVID-19 outbreak has drastically altered life as we know it. While much of the world has been put on pause, the need for specially adapted housing for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans remains. Though Americans are facing many obstacles and uncertainties right now, we want to share with you an uplifting reminder that your support is truly making a difference. It is critical for severely injured Veterans to have an environment where they can safeguard themselves and their families – especially in times like these.
“My family and I feel so fortunate to have a home where we can quarantine safely and securely. It is especially beneficial to have an environment where I am comfortable and can use my wheelchair when needed. We are forever grateful for our HFOT home,” says HFOT Veteran Marine Sergeant Marshall Kennedy, who received his home in 2013.
Some of our build events and fundraisers have been postponed, but you can still support the Homes For Our Troops mission during this time.
Here are some ways you can get involved from the safety of your home:
• Join HFOT’s monthly giving program, Operation Lasting Support (OLS)
• Host a Facebook fundraiser
• Participate in a virtual road race
• Use AmazonSmile while doing online shopping
• Share one of our inspiring videos with friends and family
• Explore our interactive map and see if we have a build going on near you
Whichever way you chose to get involved, please know you are making a difference in the lives of severely injured post-9/11 Veterans.