Winston Churchill once said: “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” No truer words have been spoken, and our FUNdraisers live by this motto.
HFOT partners with people and businesses across America to accomplish our mission of Building Homes and Rebuilding Lives for our nation’s most severely injured post-9/11 Veterans. The generosity of our donors, supporters, corporate partners, volunteers, and FUNdraisers enable us to advance our mission. One way to get involved is for your business, company, or coworkers to host an event for HFOT.
Do you want to host a fundraiser of your own, but don’t know how to get started? Here are some fun ideas:
- Percentage of Online Sales: California-based GovX donates a percentage of online sales for a specified time period every year for HFOT.
- Percentage of In-house Sales (weekly): Located right next to the HFOT headquarters in Taunton, Mass., Liberty and Union Alehouse, donates a percentage of their Tuesday sales to HFOT.
- Percentage of In-house Sales (one time/annually): Smart Cow Yogurt Bar, located in Castle Rock, Colo., hosted a weekend sale where a percentage was donated to HFOT.
- Icon Sales: Missouri-based Hoods Discount Home Center held a two-month sales event where people donated money and wrote their names on paper HFOT houses that were hung up all over their locations.
- Golf Tournament: The employees of Northrop Grumman Corporation, located in Melbourne, Fla., hosts and participates in an annual golf tournament.
- Clay Shoot: Wisconsin-based Lippert-Flooring Company hosts several events for HFOT each year, including an annual Clay Shoot.
- No Shave November: Eric Cohen and his coworkers at CVS in Rhode Island stopped shaving in November and grew mustaches, all while raising awareness and proceeds for HFOT.
- Bowl-A-Thon: Remington Products & Company in Ohio held a bowling event for HFOT that consisted of online donations and a competitive bowl-a-thon.
- Lemonade Stand: The children and staff of Tender Times Child Care, in Raynham, Mass., held a lemonade stand fundraiser for HFOT.
These are just a few great ideas that our family of business FUNdraisers have hosted for us. You can do anything from a Jeans Day to collection jars, from dinner events to cornhole tournaments, from backyard BBQ’s to bake sales, with everything and anything in between. The sky is the limit!
Looking up at our spacious skies, we are grateful for all of our FUNdraisers that span America, from sea to shining sea. As we reflect on our 15th Anniversary, we are honored to continue working with the friends we have made over the years, and we are excited to welcome new ones!
To learn more about hosting an HFOT fundraiser contact Community Fundraising Coordinator Victoria Weston at email@example.com.