Homes For Our troops Celebrates our 15 Year Anniversary
February 4, 2019, marks the 15th Anniversary of Homes For Our Troops beginning its mission to build and donate specially adapted custom homes for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans. HFOT began with just one home for a Veteran in Middleboro, Mass., in 2004. Since then, HFOT has grown into an organization of over 60 employees and has built and donated more than 270 homes in 42 states, and currently has almost 80 ongoing projects.
Our organization has grown tremendously over the last 15 years, and you as our supporter have played a vital role in HFOT’s evolution. The hands-on, grassroots approach you helped us develop, and that we take pride in, has enabled us to significantly advance our mission. Your continuous support proves to have made an impact, with a large majority of Veterans saying they are able to rest and heal in a safe environment after receiving their homes. Many have gone on to continue school, start careers, and expand/start families because of the freedom and independence they regain from the home. Learn more about the impact you are making.
We are excited to celebrate this milestone with you throughout the year and look forward to continuing to Build Homes and Rebuild Lives!
The generosity we receive from supporters like you has allowed us to restore freedom and independence to hundreds of severely injured post-9/11 Veterans nationwide over the past 15 years. We invite you to read about the impact our homes have made on some of our Veteran home recipients below.
Donor & Supporter Testimonials:
HFOT is grateful to have dedicated and loyal supporters who are devoted to our mission and have helped grow our organization to what it is today. Here, some share why they choose to join HFOT in Building Homes and Rebuilding Lives.
Here are 15 ways you can get involved and support our mission:
- Create a Facebook fundraiser or Host a Fundraiser
- Tell 15 friends about Homes For Our Troops
- Increase your OLS donation by 15 percent
- Run for Team HFOT / Sign up to be a DIY Runner
- Find out if your employer matches gifts
- Donate stocks, bonds, or other securities
- Use your Donor-Advised Fund (DAF)
- Include us in your Estate Plan
- Donate your Vehicle
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Attend an Event Near You
- Designate your wedding or birthday gifts to HFOT (Tribute Gifts)
- Join the Honor Home Program for Real Estate Agents and Mortgage Professionals
- Consider HFOT when planning your required minimum distributions (RMD) from your IRA account to make the most of your charitable giving
Veteran Home Building Projects Map
To see where we are currently building specially adapted custom homes across the nation, click one of the icons below in our interactive map.
|Completed||In Progress||Home Award Program (HAP)|