TITLE: Gift Processor
Reports to: Gifts Processing Manager
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
Manages daily processing of gifts in HFOT’s constituent management database, Raiser’s Edge, posts control reports and batch reports in accordance with established policies for timeliness and accuracy, adds new donor data to the constituent database.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow gift processing standards and best practices to assure donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given and to protect donor confidentiality.
- Accurately process donations according to organizational and industry standards. Verify all pertinent information given with the gift and make necessary record changes in the database. Flag and update any missing information in the system (e.g. phone, email, relationships, business).
- Serve as a resource concerning gift policy and gift data entry procedures.
- Analyze gifts and backup information to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, and appeals for each gift to be processed.
- Select appropriate acknowledgement letters based on campaign, fund, appeal and dollar amount.
- Analyze gift and donor information to populate all appropriate data fields. If information is not available, utilize online tools to find and/or make calls to capture necessary information.
- Ability to process approximately 45,000+ gifts annually.
- Maintain printed and electronic gift processing standard operating procedures.
- Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering phone, taking messages, and helping other employees when assistance is needed.
- Serve on internal HFOT committees as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of fundraising/constituent based software required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- 2-4 years of administrative experience in a multi-functional non-profit environment (annual giving, development) required.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to independently initiate projects and activities, and set priorities.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills including but not limited to verbal and written communication, organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills as well as have great attention to detail.
- Candidate must be customer service oriented having a friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, a positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals (HFOT executives, corporate leaders, Veterans, staff and volunteers) in a team environment and be self-motivated.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in the use of computers, office equipment, and software proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand.
- Flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information and knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780.
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.