How to subscribe to our RSS Feed:
In order to subscribe to an RSS feed or newsfeed you will need two things, 1) an RSS reader (also known as a news aggregator) and 2) our url (web address) https://www.hfotusa.org/blog/feed/ of the RSS feed to subscribe.
- Download a News Aggregator / RSS Reader
- Locate the web address (url) of the RSS feed (XML file) that you wish to subscribe.
– A news aggregator or RSS reader is a software application that collects and displays news headlines and summaries from sources that you have designated.
– An RSS feed is an XML document that contains the news headlines and summaries.
- Install the feed reader or news aggregator on the computer or handheld device such as a tablet or a cellphone
- Insert the url of the news feed which is: https://www.hfotusa.org/blog/feed (there is usually an “add feed” button)
- Many of the news readers will allow you to set the interval that the software will look for a feed update others simply update daily.
- The information in the feed will be updated when the feed contains new content.
- What does RSS stand for? RSS is an acronym for Really Simple Syndication and Rich Site Summary.
- How do I read a feed? Feeds can be viewed either online using a site like my yahoo or by downloading feed reading software.
- What is the difference between news aggregators and feed readers? RSS feed readers and news aggregators are essentially the same thing; both allow for viewing RSS feeds. News aggregators are designed specifically to view news related feeds but technically they can read any feeds. View here for a list of RSS feed readers.
- What is the Homes for Our Troops RSS feed url? Please use url: https://www.hfotusa.org/ to RSS feed from our website.