Title: Marketing Web Content Specialist
Reports To: Deputy Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Working under the direction of the Deputy Director of Marketing, the Marketing Web Content Specialist will manage Homes For Our Troops’ web presence. Responsible for ensuring websites are functional, user-friendly, visually pleasing, intuitive, and current. Manage and maintain website structure and design. Maintain, troubleshoot, and restore mobile responsiveness and visual accessibility. Serve as in-house expert for all web related issues, updates, and maintenance. Work closely with subject matter experts from Marketing, Development, IT, and other departments to revise and refine webpages.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain website structure and design, and optimize display for all files and content.
- Maintain and troubleshoot mobile responsiveness and visual accessibility for all web content.
- Assist with growth of Homes For Our Troops’ online visibility and awareness with effective web site assets.
- Collaborate with marketing and development staff on website ad campaigns.
- Create and maintain a website style guide for cohesive design elements across all pages.
- Collaborate with third party hosting provider to perform updates to WordPress and/or compatible program websites. Perform ongoing maintenance to achieve performance optimization.
- Serve as in-house expert for all web related issues, updates, and maintenance.
- Create new forms, landing pages and other tools to engage site visitors.
- Update graphics and text as needed.
- Collaborate on the website design to define style, brand and voice to correlate with HFOT digital member experience.
- Respond to user comments and questions in a prompt manner.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on all online traffic.
- Research best practices and continually review competitive web sites to improve usability, performance and audience value of HFOT website. Update site content with appropriate current trends.
- Maintain and document code library for all custom code developed in-house and by outside developers.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or a minimum of 5-8 years of hands-on experience in website development.
- 5-8 years of experience with website platforms including but not limited to WordPress, WordPress Plug-Ins, website production, design, optimization, and maintenance.
- Experience with the latest web design trends in digital media and current web standards is preferred.
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of experience with security encoding methods to secure source code and data on a website.
- 5-8 years of experience with digital web strategy, content, and user experience and interface.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and experience in measuring user experience on the web and through interactive vehicles is preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience creating site templates and managing content using a web content management system.
- Professional and well-developed interpersonal skills, and strong customer service orientation.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of content marketing strategies and execution.
- 5-8 years of experience with marketing automation platforms, search engine optimization, and current best practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess good teamwork and collaborative skills, and understanding of creative online marketing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Some weekend work may be required to maintain a web presence.
Commensurate with experience.
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: https://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.