TITLE: Technical Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Services
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Technical Support Specialist will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, training and technology consultation to Homes For Our Troops relating to effective use of technologies. Areas of service and expertise include, but are not limited to, computer (PC/Mac), audiovisual, mobile devices, telecom, network connectivity, printers and various software applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Responds to queries either in person or remotely.
- Utilizes call-tracking and incident management systems to document incident description, troubleshooting steps, customer communications and completed tasks.
- Maintains and updates device asset management system to include equipment asset information such as orders placed, and equipment repairs including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals and other hardware as necessary.
- Installs, modifies, cleans and repairs computer hardware and software. Performs proactive maintenance on devices.
- Ensures appropriate, accurate, and timely escalation of incidents that require resolution by other members of the ITS group beyond the helpdesk.
- Serves as subject matter expert for laptops, desktops, printers and accessories.
- Participates in and supports ITS project development and roll out implementation; suggests opportunities for task automation and process improvements.
- Identifies potential issues that could adversely impact end-user experience and takes corrective action.
- Refers and contributes to HFOT’s helpdesk knowledgebase and actively promotes use.
- Provides reports and statistical analysis, including but not limited to, Inventory and Help Desk ticketing reports.
- Assists in troubleshooting all level issues of enterprise problems, and timely notification to users.
- Trains and updates users on technology and problem resolution in to provide them the capability to diagnose and resolve user level problems.
- Manages, maintains, and supports audio/video conference technologies.
- Provides expert consultation on current and future technology (software and hardware) to various departments.
- Contacts and maintains relationships with vendors for purchases, warranty service, and repair.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Performs other tasks as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- 4-6 years of hands on related experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area is preferred, but not required.
- Extensive experience supporting connectivity, networking, mobile devices, computers, Mac and Windows desktops and laptops, as well as software applications for both productivity and collaboration.
- Experience in AV media and communication equipment a plus.
- ITIL, A+, Mac and Microsoft product certifications are a plus. An understanding of knowledgebase general concepts with a passion for providing an end user self-help experience is required.
- Must be adept and passionate about learning new technologies and services.
- Must be passionate about supporting customers and communicate clearly with skilled and unskilled users.
- Logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making with an emphasis on superior customer service is required.
- Familiarity with service desk applications and/or incident management environments is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental Benefits,
- 401k Plan with match,
- Paid Holidays,
- Life and Disability Insurance,
- Company Apparel
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780;
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.