TITLE: Desktop Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Services
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Desktop Support Specialist will respond to phone and email requests, provide technical troubleshooting assistance, and walk staff through the process of achieving their goals with the software/ hardware we provide. This individual will train staff, and install, configure and maintain software/hardware and inventory. Areas of service and expertise include, but are not limited to computer (PC/Mac), audiovisual, mobile devices, telecom, network connectivity, printers and various software applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person or remotely.
- Utilize call-tracking and incident management systems to document incident description, troubleshooting steps, customer communications and completed tasks.
- Maintain and update device asset management system to include equipment asset information such as orders placed, and equipment repairs including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, peripherals and other hardware as necessary.
- Install, modify, clean and repair computer hardware and software. Perform proactive maintenance on devices.
- Ensure appropriate, accurate, and timely escalation of incidents that require resolution by other members of the ITS group beyond the helpdesk.
- Serve as subject matter expert for laptops, desktops, printers and accessories.
- Participate in and support ITS project development and roll out implementation; suggest opportunities for task automation and process improvements.
- Identify potential issues that could adversely impact end-user experience and take corrective action.
- Refer and contribute to HFOT’s helpdesk knowledgebase and actively promote use.
- Provide reports and statistical analysis, including but not limited to, Inventory and Help Desk ticketing reports.
- Assist in troubleshooting all level issues of enterprise problems, and timely notification to users.
- Train and update users on technology and problem resolution in to provide them the capability to diagnose and resolve user level problems.
- Manage, maintain, and support audio/video conference technologies.
- Provide expert consultation on current and future technology (software and hardware) to various departments.
- Contact and maintain relationships with vendors for purchases, warranty service, and repair.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 6 years relevant work experience required.
- Extensive experience supporting connectivity, networking, mobile devices, computers, Mac and Windows desktops and laptops, as well as software applications for both productivity and collaboration.
- Experience in AV media and communication equipment a plus.
- ITIL, A+, Mac and Microsoft product certifications are a plus. An understanding of knowledgebase general concepts with a passion for providing an end user self-help experience is required.
- Must be adept and passionate about learning new technologies and services.
- Must be passionate about supporting customers and communicate clearly with skilled and unskilled users.
- Logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making with an emphasis on superior customer service is required.
- Familiarity with service desk applications and/or incident management environments is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780;
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Homes for Our Troops offers equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, Veteran or marital status.