Position Title: Senior Accountant/Analyst
Reports To: Deputy Director of Finance
The Senior Accountant/Analyst is a key member of the Finance team. The Senior Accountant/Analyst is responsible for overseeing all of the daily transactional activity of Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) resulting in timely and accurate month-end reporting.
Accurately process monthly, quarterly and end year closings, pledge receivables, cash/donor receipts, general ledger journal entries, cash forecasting, check runs, and fixed asset activity in a timely manner. Properly account for expenditures by category and assist in managing Program services percentage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the organization’s general ledger in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Perform cash and bank account reconciliations and monthly reconciliation of revenue transactions to financial system.
- Analyze and post journal entries related to pledge receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, recording of revenue and expenses, and other related tasks.
- Input invoices, process check runs, wire transfers, or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, as needed.
- Review general ledger monthly to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Perform the month-end and quarterly closes.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules as directed by the Director or Deputy Director of Finance.
- Provide input into Finance Dept.’s goal setting process.
- Produce accurate accounting reports and present results.
- Assist other HFOT staff in resolving organizational financial questions, through accounting research and follow up.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures, to strengthen internal controls.
- Collaborate with others in day to day activity and special projects, including annual budget process.
- Perform other work related duties as required.
- 4 year degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of experience or comparable work experience.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience working with external auditors in support of the financial statement audit preferred.
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic accounting policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and general quantitative skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience working with advanced accounting software systems.
- Able to multi-task and work independently in completing required duties.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products and advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations for system or procedure changes.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Full -Time (40 hours per week)
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Travel typically not required.
Commensurate with experience.
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.