Title: Operations Accounting & Payroll Supervisor
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Operations Accounting and Payroll Supervisor is a key member of the Finance team. This position is responsible for overseeing all of the daily transactional financial activity of Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) in order to achieve a timely and accurate month-end reporting, including pledge receivables, cash/donor receipts, general ledger journal entries, cash forecasting, check runs, and fixed asset activity. This position will also ensure accurate processing and recording of the organization’s bi-weekly payroll and all related account reconciliations, and will properly account for expenditures by category and assist in managing Program services percentage.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the organization’s general ledger in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Perform cash and bank account reconciliations and monthly reconciliation of revenue transactions to financial system.
- Analyze and post journal entries related to pledge receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, recording of revenue and expenses, and other related tasks.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, and assist with invoice entry, processing of check runs, wire transfers, or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments, as needed.
- Review general ledger monthly to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Perform the month-end and quarterly closes.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules as directed by the CFO or Financial Reporting Manager.
- Provide input into Finance Department’s goal setting process.
- Produce accurate accounting reports and present results.
- Assist other HFOT staff in resolving organizational financial questions through accounting research and follow up.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures in order to strengthen internal controls.
- Process the bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage workflow to ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Execute the time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting as required (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from payroll system.
- Import the General Ledger payroll file into the financial reporting system.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- 4-year degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of experience or equivalent work experience.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience working with external auditors in support of the financial statement audit preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience processing payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State payroll regulations.
- Experience and strong working knowledge of Paychex preferred.
- Experience with Financial Edge a plus.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of products, including Word and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables required.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, discreet, and able to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: https://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.