Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Responsible for Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) marketing, public relations and communication strategies to position the organization for significant and steady growth, broadened awareness, and increased donor support. Lead a six person team of marketing professionals in developing, integrating and implementing a broad range of marketing activities and national/regional outreach campaigns that are synchronized with the organization’s revenue generation plans. Oversee integrated information campaigns and daily operations of the Marketing Department. Serve as an integral member of senior leadership and a key member of inter-departmental working groups providing expert marketing advice on how best to integrate marketing and public relations principles into all awareness and revenue generating activities.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In coordination with other department directors and executive leadership, develop and implement the strategic communications plan to increase national awareness and branding to support steady revenue growth.
- Plan, organize, and direct overall communication strategies and public information campaigns for HFOT.
- Work with cross-functional internal teams to ensure that standardized, synchronized, concise, consistent, and repeatable communications are effectively delivered to all Homes For Our Troops constituents and supporters to reinforce and disseminate HFOT’s brand.
- Perform routine market and data analysis to establish donor segments. Understand the donor continuum, and work with Development on implementing strategies and efforts to establish and build rapport, credibility, and trust with donors and supporters.
- Determine appropriate media channels and vehicles to reach each target audience.
- Effectively position HFOT as a thought leader in adaptive housing for injured Veterans, and leverage media opportunities, corporate partner relationships, and special events to increase HFOT’s profile, visibility and revenue.
- Engage with broadcast, print, and social media venues at the regional and national levels to increase mission awareness and brand recognition.
- Oversee internal and external communications and presentations by visual displays, production of printed material, digital marketing, television, radio, and social media. Manage and enhance the look and feel of HFOT’s website.
- Oversee editorial production (editing and proofing) of all in-house copy to engage internal and external donors, constituents, and stakeholders. Ensure all materials consistently reinforce HFOT’s mission, branding, messaging and marketing goals.
- Provide expert marketing advice to all group campaigns and efforts engaging the public.
- Develop and manage annual and long range marketing budget.
- Collaborate with other departments, particularly Development and Strategic Engagement, to implement marketing and communication strategies that will increase mission sponsors, donors, and constituents.
- Ensure content on marketing platforms (website, email, social media, etc.) is current, organized, and meets brand standards to maximize SEO/SEM.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising or a related field required. Master’s degree in these fields is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of varied marketing experience required, with 10 years leadership experience required.
- Experience planning and executing integrated digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing campaigns.
- Strong organizational and research skills.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills; outstanding public speaking ability.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to independently initiate projects and activities, and set priorities.
- Experience briefing and influencing at the CEO, SVP, and EVP level preferred.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Self starter, lifetime learner.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, Search Engine Optimization/Marketing technology, content marketing, data analytics and content management systems leveraging new and changing technology.
- Flexible, discreet, able to maintain confidential information, and knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and other related programs.
- Experience with analyzing data and information to identify, develop, and evolve Marketing efforts.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Overnight travel (ten to fifteen times a year).
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental Plans,
- 401k Plan with an employer match,
- Paid Holidays,
- Vacation/Sick Time,
- Life Insurance,
- Disability Insurance
- Company Apparel.
HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.