Title: Intake Coordinator
Reports To: Intake Manager
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
The Intake Coordinator functions as a key member of the Intake Team within the Construction Operations Department. Responds to inquiries from potential HFOT program candidates, assists with the application process, and provides detailed reporting to the Intake Manager. Assists with the preparation for and execution of the four day Veterans Conference several times a year. Assists with Specially Adapted Housing grant processing, to include paperwork collection, and tracks statistics as appropriate.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receives and answers inquiries associated with the HFOT program. Provides accurate information to Veterans regarding program criteria, application and home build process. Provides referrals to appropriate resources for non-qualified candidates.
• Provides reliable customer service and superior responsiveness to all Veterans.
• Builds sustainable relationships of trust with program candidates through open and interactive communication.
• Submits requests for early financial planners and oversees early financial planner assignments directed by the Veterans Selection Committee.
• Maintains communication and works collaboratively within the HFOT Intake Department and other HFOT staff sections.
• Prepares detailed accounts, reports and recaps of Intake activities.
• Maintains detailed documentation of phone calls, e-mails and other correspondence.
• Safeguards records and confidential information in accordance with HFOT’s policies and procedures.
• Participates in meetings, training, and other activities designed to enhance job performance.
• Performs additional administrative and other duties as assigned.
• Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
• 4 year degree in social work or a related field, or 2 year degree and 5 or more years’ experience performing successful customer service and problem solving duties.
• Strong customer interface and communication skills required.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to keep timely, detailed and precise records.
• Must be able to handle multiple and changing priorities with a positive, professional, flexible “can-do” attitude.
• Self-starter and creative problem solver.
• Capable of maintaining strict confidentiality required.
• Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word. Proficient in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Familiarity with the Veterans Administration and community-based organizations serving injured Veterans preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Commensurate with experience
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: https://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.