Position Title: Graphic Designer
Classification: Full time
Reports to: Deputy Director of Marketing
Working directly for the Deputy Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer works as part of the Marketing Communication Department. Work is in a fast paced environment that requires the ability to multitask daily.
Prepares a variety of skilled graphic design and layout work in preparation of various posters, exhibits, advertisements, slides, brochures, newsletters, flyers, email marketing and social media content using various production techniques which include computer graphic systems and software. Graphic designer is required to work independently and within established deadlines. Creates visual concepts using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate our clients and donors, enhancing a desire to support the Homes For Our Troops mission.
- Creates and designs graphics for layout of posters, slides, newsletters, brochures, booklets, flyers, banners and logos as requested by client using traditional and computer graphic methods. Performs required preparatory work in order to prepare camera-ready artwork for production.
- Creates electronically designed page layouts and imports word processing files into page layouts; develops web-based graphics.
- Confers with supervisor, editors, marketing staff and other staff sections regarding project specifications such as graphic content, layout and media requirements; may create composites and develop concepts depending on needs.
- Designs and constructs visual displays and exhibits. Determines materials and equipment best suited for job.
- Maintains department files of completed assignments; maintains accurate logs of work in progress such as time devoted to project, current priorities, and materials used.
- Attends creative meetings; develops creative concepts for consideration.
- Works with team members on various creative projects as assigned.
- Develops packaging, sales collateral and merchandising solutions.
- Maintains and updates website content across multiple brands and websites.
- Upholds the design quality and brand identity of our brands.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite is required: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator in a Macintosh environment. Additional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photo Resourcing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram preferred. Photography and/or web experience a plus.
- Expert knowledge and skill in graphic design and layout.
- Expert knowledge of printing procedures and requirements.
- Expert knowledge of photo processing techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Impeccable eye for detail; ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain advanced design skills and a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques.
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Art or related field AND three years’ experience in graphic design and layout, illustration, or commercial art; OR, Five years’ experience in graphic design and layout, illustration, or commercial art.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Occasional overnight travel
- Commensurate with experience
- Health/Dental Benefits, 401k Plan with match, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Life and Disability Insurance, Company Apparel
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780;
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- Homes For Our Troops offers equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.