Title: Grants Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Grants Manager oversees the fundraising efforts of the Homes For Our Troops (HFOT) Grants team to grow philanthropic support and meet the organization’s evolving strategic goals. The Grants Manager position incumbent must be highly competent and experienced in the areas of foundation research, analytics, written composition and review, stewardship, and customer service.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the grant writing team and assist with research, writing and stewardship efforts with Foundations and other applicable institutions and organizations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Grants team strategies to increase giving from Foundations.
- Provide exceptional donor and staff support in various fundraising, stewardship and cultivation initiatives to grow philanthropic support.
- Research and report on grant trends. In coordination with the Development team, adjust strategic initiatives as necessary based on current trends and HFOT strategic direction.
- Create revenue and expense budgets for HFOT Grants team, and prepare monthly analytics for reporting to senior leadership.
- Oversee the Grants team’s use of the Prospect Proposal Module in Raiser’s Edge or applicable system(s). Run periodic audit reports to ensure accurate data entry for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Oversee the HFOT aspects of the Combined Federal Campaign and other campaigns as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- At least three years of experience in grant writing, with an additional three years of managerial/supervisory experience, required. Experience working in a Development or Advancement Office is required.
- Ability to write clear, structured, concise, and persuasive proposals required (writing sample will be required upon interview).
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and possess exceptional attention to detail and initiative.
- Project management experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or a related field required.
- Raiser’s Edge and Adobe Pro experience strongly desired.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Possibility of occasional overnight travel.
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.