Development Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Manager of Individual Giving
STATUS: Full-time, Hourly
Provide administrative support to the Development team with a focus on donor relations and stewardship efforts.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming donor calls and email requests.
- Generate acknowledgment letters and customize letters as appropriate.
- Maintain printed and electronic gift processing standard operating procedures.
- Fulfill donor requests for materials, acknowledgement letters, and constituent record updates.
- Complete special mailings as warranted including donor outreach and appeals.
- Assist with gift acknowledgment and event invitation calls.
- Act as point of contact for National Charity Service (car donation program) inquiries.
- Assist with gift processing during busy season (Nov-Jan) and other times as needed.
- Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering phone, taking messages, and helping other employees when assistance is needed.
- Serve on internal HFOT committees as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of fundraising/constituent based software required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- 2-4 years of administrative experience in a multi-functional non-profit environment (annual giving, development) required.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently initiate projects and activities, and set priorities.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills including but not limited to verbal and written communication, organizational, negotiation, and leadership skills, as well as possess great attention to detail.
- Candidate must be customer service oriented, having a friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, a positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals (HFOT executives, corporate leaders, donors, Veterans, staff and volunteers) in a team environment. Must be self-motivated.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in the use of computers, office equipment, and software proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Possess dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand
- Flexible, discreet and able to maintain confidential information, and understand and apply knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs!
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.