Title: Development Operations Assistant
Reports To: Database Manager
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Development Operations Assistant will assist the Database Manager by completing routine database tasks in support of the Development Department. The Development Operations Assistant will also perform database clean-up projects to maintain the integrity and accuracy of Homes For Our Troops’ constituent relationship management software, Raiser’s Edge.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with creating and formatting data requests for direct mailing lists, exports and e-lists for publications.
- Effectively identify and segment data for improved analysis and targeted fundraising efforts.
- Generate gift acknowledgment letters and customize letters as appropriate.
- Generate tribute gift acknowledgement cards and letters.
- Perform routine tasks to maintain the integrity and accuracy of Raiser’s Edge records.
- Update constituent records through global changes and import processes.
- Provide assistance in creation of custom queries, reporting, and data analysis.
- Perform audits and other database health checks.
- Complete database clean-up projects.
- Scan gift backup documentation.
- Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, such as, but not limited to, answering phone, taking messages, and helping other employees when assistance is needed.
- Serve on internal HFOT committees as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team of individuals, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Flexible and detail oriented with ability to handle and complete multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced working environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Travel may be required on occasion.
Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.