TITLE: Construction Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Construction Operations
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
The Construction Operations Manager supports Construction Operations in all aspects of new home delivery, nationwide. This person leads a team responsible for General Contractor procurement, construction management, home design, warranty support, and budget development and management. This person also assists in developing and executing a multi-year building plan and associated budget, and in developing and executing an industry leading quality control and quality assurance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Manager responsible for General Contractor (GC) Procurement, Construction Management and House Plan Development; supports other departments to ensure that all procedures and policies are adhered to and that all goals and objectives are met.
- Coordinate with the Land Acquisition Manager, Veteran Support Manager and the Corporate Sponsorship Account Manager to ensure smooth progression of home builds to stay on schedule and cost, without sacrificing quality.
- Work with Contract Specialist to interview all General Contractors, negotiate terms and award all contracts within budget. Review all contracts with builders for schedule, standards, and cost.
- Manage the Construction Management team to ensure that all jobs stay on schedule and budget, and satisfy all quality standards, SAH and VA compliancy, Energy Star certification standards, and proper close-out.
- Coordinate the setting of all event dates with Community Outreach and Program Support teams. Drive construction to meet the requirements of those dates.
- Facilitate the smooth transition between Land and Construction teams when new land parcels are purchased; manage schedules to accomplish tasks concurrently where feasible.
- Manage the CAD Specialist to ensure that all plan modifications are approved, implemented and tracked, and that all CAD requests are appropriately prioritized.
- Develop and manage multi-year construction budgets. Develop and implement cost controls to minimize costs.
- Provide weekly reporting and projections as needed.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all team members (internal and external) and resolve all issues and conflicts as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Veteran Support team, and assist with warranty issues and claims.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Sponsorship team to manage material logistics and new products considered for use in an HFOT home. Ensure smooth integration of corporate sponsor products into build schedules.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Construction and GC Procurement teams.
- Conduct After Action Reviews with all General Contractors at the completion of every project to identity and implement best practices and systemic areas for improvement.
- Guide, train and mentor all team members.
- Review and fully understand all Construction Operations SOPs, and publish modifications and enhancements as necessary.
- Continually engage in position relevant self-education/skills improvement.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Must possess a high competency in residential home building, land development, contract negotiations, relationship management, conflict resolution, organization, verbal and written communication, and problem solving.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or equivalent education, plus a minimum 10 years of residential construction experience.
- Minimum five years of experience leading teams, departments or organizations.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and teams to deliver successful outcomes across a broad geographic area.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Possess proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) and various database applications.
- Must be able to work full time in Taunton, MA office.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with trips to job sites to assess and manage construction progress.
- Travel and overnight trips outside the local area and state (up to 33%)
- As needed (at least monthly) travel to home building sites around the country to verify quality control and quality assurance of homes, and to conduct on site engagement with builders and suppliers.
- As requested by senior leadership of HFOT, travel to HFOT events to represent the HFOT organization by presenting formal remarks, receiving funds, meeting with fund raisers and organizations.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780;
- Web Site: http://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Homes For Our Troops is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.