TITLE: Construction Manager
REPORTS TO: Manager of Construction Operations
The Construction Manager (CM) is a member of a team responsible for the management of multiple home build projects nationwide. The CM facilitates multiple home construction projects by local general contractors through the successful implementation of contracts, monitoring project schedules, coordinating delivery of select building materials, and periodic inspections. The CM also works closely with the Land Acquisition, Veteran Support, and Community Engagement Departments to coordinate and communicate issues, concerns, timelines and delivery dates. The Construction Manager reports directly to the Construction Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed. This is not an exhaustive list of expected duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Member of the team of Construction Managers that serve as the primary point of contact between HFOT staff and the general contractor (GC) during the construction phase of the program.
- Manages multiple construction contracts, change orders, and schedules.
- Coordinates between national corporate partners/suppliers and GCs during the home build process.
- Responsible for quality assurance of build process and quality control inspections. Ensures home construction is in accordance with HFOT home plans and specifications.
- Reviews and resolves project specific issues and concerns.
- Ensures accurate and consistent reporting, invoicing and records management. Safeguards all records and confidential information.
- Responsible for keeping projects on schedule without cost overruns.
- Conduct Reviews at the completion of every project to identity and implement best practices and systemic areas for improvement.
- Other duties as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated, loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders, focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the services we provide.
- Bachelor degree in related field and 5 or more years’ experience performing successful construction and problem solving duties.
- Skilled in construction methodologies, reading blueprints and understanding other technical aspects of construction.
- Strong customer interface and interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep timely, detailed and precise records.
- Must be able to handle multiple and changing priorities with a positive, professional, flexible “can-do” attitude.
- Self-starter, creative problem solver.
- Experience working with construction contracts a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Possess proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) and various database applications.
- Must be able to travel nationwide to inspect construction projects.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, with trips to job sites to assess and manage construction progress (Note: most projects are not in New England).
- Regular travel and overnight trips (up to 33%) outside the local area and state to home building sites to verify quality control and quality assurance of homes, and to conduct on site engagement with builders and suppliers.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
In addition to our excellent benefits package, HFOT offers a flexible work schedule. Generally, HFOT’s hybrid approach is that after 90 days, employees spend about 50% of their time working in the HFOT office and about 50% of their time working from home, if the employee’s role and job responsibilities are suited to such an arrangement.
- Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Web Site: https://www.hfotusa.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.