To build specially adapted homes for severely injured Veterans nationwide to enable them to rebuild their lives.
Homes for Our Troops (HFOT) is a privately funded 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization building specially adapted, mortgage-free homes nationwide for the most severely injured Veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of these Veterans are multiple amputees, paraplegic, quadriplegic or have suffered severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). These homes restore some of the freedom and independence our Veterans sacrificed defending ours, and enable them to focus on their family, recovery, and rebuilding their lives. Since its inception in 2004, over 90 percent of donations to Homes for Our Troop has gone to directly supporting Veterans.
To ensure all of our severely injured Post 9-11 Veterans live in specially adapted homes to afford them the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
Homes for Our Troops CARES about our Veterans, their families, and the communities in which they live. Our Core Values reaffirm our commitment to the Veterans we are privileged to serve, our donors, volunteers, and our people, who are the cornerstone of the organization. We are dedicated to accomplishing our mission through their support. Our Core Values motivate our actions daily as we work to give back freedom and independence to severely injured Veterans through the gift of specially adapted homes.
- Commitment: I am dedicated to accomplishing our mission. I will respectfully and responsibly honor our Veterans, supporters and my coworkers.
- Accountability: I will always exhibit the highest level of integrity, competence, and trustworthiness in my daily actions.
- Respect: I am considerate and encouraging in every interaction, and will foster an environment of acceptance, dignity and respect.
- Excellence: I will provide the highest quality products, services, and support, and continually strive for improvement.
- Service: I will provide compassionate selfless service in pursuit of our mission, and always set the example for others to follow.
- Be the standard bearer for professionalism, quality, and commitment to the Veterans and families we support.
- Obtain the continual resources needed to provide our program services for our Veterans and families.
- Develop a trusted and committed working relationship with those individuals and institutions who want to help our Veterans and families.
- Maintain a 4-star charity rating with Charity Navigator, an A rating with Charity Watch and a high rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Be a nationally known brand of excellence.