100 More Campaign
America has been at war since 2001. During that time:
- Over 2,000,000 of our nation's sons and daughters have answered the call of duty
- Over 6,000 of these brave men and women have been killed
- Over 50,000 have suffered physical injuries.
Some have paid a terrible price, suffering injuries so severe that they must rely on others for care, losing much of their independence. These severely injured veterans have a desperate need for specially adapted homes that will help restore the independence they have lost.
Homes for Our Troops has launched the 100 More ... Homes for Our Troops campaign. In the last nine years, Homes for Our Troops has worked to fulfill its promise to help restore freedom and independence to over 125 wounded and injured military families through the gift of a specially adapted home. We are now looking toward the future; to 100 more and beyond. As the number of eligible applicants continues to grow, we estimate that there are between 1,000 to 1,500 OIF/OEF veterans among us that have injuries so severe that they are in need of an adapted home. With America's support, Homes for Our Troops can "give back" freedom and independence to them through a gift of a specially adapted home. We are proud to announce the committee:
- National Campaign Chairman- Former Army Vice Chief of Staff General Richard Cody, USA (Ret)
- Honorary Congressional Committee- Former Senator Scott Brown
- Co-Chair Campaign Committee- Phil Mickelson- PGA Pro-Golfer
- Co-Chair Campaign Committee- Jacob Tamme- NFL player
- The campaign was formally launched at the Grand Ole Opry on November 13, 2010 the day that Staff Sergeant Heath Calhoun of Clarksville, Tennessee received his new home. Heath was honored on stage that evening as the Grand Ole Opry announced the campaign.
Please support our 100 More...Homes for Our Troops campaign by donating here.